At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Risk Consulting - Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) professionals provide a range of risk advisory services to organizations including internal audits, internal control advisory services, enterprise risk management support, assessments of third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance reviews and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization's business risks and related processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and identify improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our growing Atlantic GRCS practice at a Senior Consultant level. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the planning, execution, and reporting for engagements, working both as part of larger engagement teams and individually with guidance and review from more senior professionals. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Responsible for carrying out client engagements from planning through to reporting related to governance, risk, and compliance for a variety of clients in different industries.
- Leading client interviews and discussions, conducting research and walkthroughs, reviewing documentation, identifying key risks, developing relevant documentation such as process flows/narratives, risk and control matrices (RCMs), etc.
- Performing tests of design and operating effectiveness of higher risk and more complex business processes/areas and proposing controls and/or control improvements to enhance the client's risk and control framework.
- Identifying process and control gaps and providing recommendations for improvement based on the client's specific business processes and circumstances, as well as industry leading practices.
- Analyzing and synthesizing information and collaborating in the creation and delivery of analyses, client engagement plans, deliverables, and reports.
- Reviewing the deliverables prepared by junior team members to support growth, development, and quality.
- Successfully managing multiple client engagements simultaneously, varying in size, scope, and complexity.
Keys to your success:
- Completion or pursuing professional accountancy or other financial qualifications such as CA/CPA/MBA/Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Minimum 2+ years of post-qualification experience in risk advisory/related internal audit experience/external audit experience.
- Experience reviewing and identify process improvements, and providing recommendations on policy, procedure, and internal controls.
- Experience in understanding and preparing reports summarizing the results of the work completed and identifying recommendations which add value to the client (both financial and non-financial).
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring junior staff.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Highly analytical and organized.
- Ability to build relationships and problem solve.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables effectively in order to achieve optimum results.
- Proficient in MS-Office Suite, data analysis & validation and knowledge of Power BI .
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .