DARTMOUTH | SUMMERSIDE | FREDERICTON | MONCTON | ST-JOHN'S, NL
WSP is currently seeking a Civil Design technician to join our Land Development & Municipal Engineering group, located in Atlantic Canada. The type of projects include a variety of municipal civil infrastructure projects, such as site developments, road reconstructions, sewer and watermains, pumps and piping layouts, and process drawings. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Creating base plans from topographical survey information;
- Preparing project drawings including conceptual sketches and detailed construction drawings using the standards set out by WSP
- Working and coordination with design staff;
- Actively participate in the design and provide input to the design team throughout the design process;
- Actively work at improving drafting skills
- Reviewing drawings to ensure compliance with Client drafting standards;
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary project team;
- Preparing drawings using Autodesk Civil 3D software (pipe networks, profiles, alignments, assemblies & sub-assemblies, 3D Feature Lines and Grading Groups);
- Material and quantify take-offs;
- Underground utility coordination;
- Occasional site verifications to examine field conditions, drainage and erosion control needs, as-built conditions, etc.;
- Mentor and coach junior drafting staff;
- Contribute to RFP, Bid and Proposal documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years of civil designing experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills;
- Valid Driver's license;
- Survey experience an asset;
- Experience on municipal and/or private sector projects an asset, and;
- Experience in Autodesk Revit an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians