Join our team of intelligent and collaborative Changemakers and make your mark on tomorrow!
This role will see you become a leader, thereby enhancing your capabilities and the reputation of WSP's Mine Engineering & Stability team. You will collaborate with talented and diverse professionals while leading and managing the delivery of open pit and underground mine geotechnical services projects.
Our Mining team helps clients optimise performance, boost profitability, and operate responsibly. We have a comprehensive understanding of the mining industry and current issues including decarbonisation and understand future ready strategies are critical to countering these issues, capitalising on opportunities, and adding value to businesses.
#GlobalminingWhat you will do
What we will love about you
- Leading and managing delivery of open pit and underground mine geotechnical services projects;
- Overseeing all aspects of the project lifecycle (proposal, contract, scope of work, technical quality and senior review) and consulting with appropriate peers;
- Delivering technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions to clients which meet time, budget, quality and safety requirements;
- Statistical analyses and interpretation of drill and laboratory data to characterise material properties for use in geotechnical design;
- Identification and management of geotechnical hazards;
- Stability analyses and material characterization;
- Review and assess designs in 3D modelling packages, ideally Vulcan or Leapfrog experience preferred;
- Liaise with a rangeofkey internal and external stakeholders on geological and geotechnical aspects of projects; and
- Actively mentoring and coaching of junior staff across the business in the interests of their long-term career objectives
- Bachelor degree or similar in engineering or science and a postgraduate qualification in rock mechanics or geotechnical engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada or ability to apply
- Extensive industry relevant experience
- Fantastic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to build relationships with client
- Experience with Rocscience software suite; and
- Demonstrable experience in development of geotechnical models.