Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Radiology department.
Reporting to the Chief Technologist, performs diagnostic medical radiographic duties, related equipment maintenance and clerical functions.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days, 09:00 to 17:00, 09:00 to 13:00 Haida Gwaii Hospital
is a eight acute bed facility and eight long-term care beds that serves the local population and residents of surrounding villages. Daajing Giid is also home to the Haida Gwaii Cancer Care Clinic. Services include general practice and basic emergency, minor surgery, stabilization of trauma and critically ill patients, midwifery, alcohol and drug counselling, public health and social work services. Daajing Giids
is located on the shores of the Skidegate Inlet on the southern end of Haida Gwaii with a population of 943 local residents. Daajing Giids is a community full of art and culture. Gift shops and coffee shops scattered throughout the town display the works of various artists ranging from paintings, woodcarving, pottery, Haida carving, glass work and handmade clothing. Check out Daajing Giids What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
• Graduation from an approved medical Radiation Technologist program.
• Active registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.).
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification.
• One (1) year general radiography experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to deal effectively with others.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Information Technology