Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Planning and Optimization
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let's make your dream co-op placement possible. About the Team:
The Atlantic Wireless Network Planning and Performance team is responsible to identify key areas of build opportunity as well as the ongoing operation optimization of the existing wireless sites. As a team member, you will assist with planning for new site builds as well as the development and implementation of optimization strategies. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available data to drive customer experience and network performance improvements.
- Work with the teams to assist with executing land acquisitions through coverage analysis.
- Participate in stakeholders' meetings to assist with technical issues and support their resolution.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to drive the highest level of network optimization.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology, networks, statistics, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A good understanding of communication networks/cellular network architecture and building blocks
- A good understanding of cellular theory and RF principles
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to work in a team-focused environment
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the Recruitment process, successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Day Length of Contract:
4 Months Work Location:
7071 Bayers Road, Suite 4001 (235), Halifax, NS Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Student/New Grad & Co-op Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Student and New Grad
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Electrical, Engineer, Technology, Engineering