JOB DUTIES ARE:
* Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
* Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
* Develops site content and graphics by
coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
* Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
* Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
* Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
* Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
* Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
#69 - VanHack - How to Stand Out in Job Applications