VIRTUAL(R)61 - HomeRes - QC - BMO
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
The Wealth Planning Support Team is a business unit within BMO Wealth Distribution and Advisory Services, a dedicated team of knowledgeable professionals with diverse expertise in wealth planning. We leverage a team approach to deliver innovative and customized wealth planning solutions designed to assess overall wealth management needs and recommend strategies to help clients preserve, enhance, transfer and protect their wealth.
The Wealth Planning Advisor (WPA) is responsible in providing subject matter expertise around wealth planning practices and technical support to BMO WealthPath. Provide subject matter expertise on a broad range of planning strategies, including investment and retirement planning, transition planning, estate planning, personal taxation and insurance and wealth planning strategies for corporations. As part of the Centralized Wealth Planning Support Team (WPST), the WPA will collaborate in partnership with frontline planning professionals, to build/update wealth plans supporting the client digital planning experience. Centralized Planning and Coaching Support
- Support BMO Wealth Planning and Advisory Team's Centralized planning platform. Prepare, Model and update financial planning requests sent by frontline planners. Provide Subject matter expertise to all wealth planning professionals through the enterprise. Provide technical expertise around BMO WealthPath and positive coaching around wealth planning.
Provide Subject matter expertise
- Respond/Refer escalated inquiries from the WPST and cases that require more complex product, technical and taxation and estate planning knowledge
- Work in partnership with the HNW Wealth Planning Consultants, providing technical software support where required.
- Provide Financial Planning expertise where required on enterprise wide working teams and programs
- Maintain awareness of latest legislative changes around wealth planning and other financial industry changes that may affect team processes and/or impact financial planning delivery in LOBs
- Continually evolve wealth planning skills to include complex planning techniques, example Executive compensation, Trusts, complex corporate structures and insurance.
Business Processes/Operational effectiveness
- Provide Wealth Planning subject matter expertise to Wealth Professionals and enterprise initiatives.
- Provide technical support and subject matter expertise to front line planners through multiple channels: phone, email, skype for business.
- Maintain awareness of latest legislative and other financial industry changes that may affect Financial Planning
- Assist/contribute to development of tools that encourage adoption of Financial Planning
- Assist/ develop support materials related to financial planning, such as reference guides, FAQ's, Weekly Quick Tips and other relevant documentation
- Perform quality review and audit functions - Check accuracy and quality of Financial Plans created by users to mitigate risk to the organization (in accordance to process and standards set).
Knowledge & Skills
- Assist in the maintenance of the quality review front line handbook for errors, improvements or additions.
- Assist in identifying business requirements for WealthPath and participate in user-acceptance testing of upgrades to WealthPath
- Identify limitations and issues with WealthPath software design based on Planning knowledge (i.e. assumptions errors or calculation errors) and communicate through formal Change Request process
We're here to help
- At least 5-7 years of financial planning experience gained through client contact or in a technical advisory supportive role to advisors, coupled with investment industry knowledge.
- Strong understanding of advanced financial planning concepts and how to model in planning software
- Professional Planning Designation (CFP or PFP or QAFP) or IQFP(required for Quebec)
- Strong Technical Knowledge of WealthPath
- Strong customer services skills and focus
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Skype for Business, Etc.)
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Results oriented and client focused
- M arketing/professional writing experience is an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is required
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians