We are seeking an experienced, On-Site Representative (OSR) for our Victoria Class Trainer project in Halifax, NS, to work on an &ldquo as needed hourly&rdquo basis. The VICTORIA Class Trainer (VCT) project supports individual and team training for all submarine trades. The successful candidate will join the current Project Manager and OSR&rsquo s in supporting the VCT.
The successful candidate will provide In-Service Support (ISS) for VCT operations, first and second line maintenance, engineering investigations, hardware and software upgrades and management thereof. Responsibilities
- Flash-up, daily readiness checks, and shutdown of the VCT in accordance with Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Configuring the VCT and setting up the VCT for training
- Physical operation of the VCT to meet the authorized requirements
- Providing formal and Informal training to DND personnel on operation and capabilities of the VCT
- Providing safety recommendations for the conduct of training and operation of VCT equipment
- Assisting with tours, briefings and demonstrations of VCT capabilities to military and external audiences, as directed by DND POC
- Updating VCT documentation
- Troubleshooting and resolution of system problems
- Producing and updating SOPs
- Performing configuration management activities to maintain the VCT and VCT documentation
- Preparing and promulgating health and safety instructions for persons working in, being trained in and/or visiting the VCT
- Hardware and software preventative and corrective maintenance
- Validating and maintaining maintenance plans.
- Tracking of local spares for the VCT
- Logistics support
- Coordinating the certification/re-certification of safety systems
- Conducting audits of the VCT configuration, and assisting DND to conduct audits of the VCT configuration and
- Secondary School Education
- Experience in the past seven (7) years with Maintenance and Operation of real or simulated diesel submarine propulsion and pilotage systems
- Experience in the past seven (7) years with Maintenance and Operation of real or simulated diesel submarine machinery control systems
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and effective interpersonal skills
- Instructor experience in Submarine Training
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be able to obtain a NATO Secret Security Clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019