At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Canadian Recruiting team is looking for a Recruiter to support a growing Group which is a part of a larger global Operations Technology Team. This team is responsible for exempt hiring in North America and this role will primarily focus on technical positions in the security engineering realm including Technical Program Managers, Software Engineers, Engineering Managers, etc.
As a Technical Recruiter for this team you will mentor recruiters, cultivate talent sourcing channels, develop relationships with hiring managers and close searches against aggressive deadlines. This role will also require resource management of both internal and external sourcing partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for talent attraction strategies against a timeline and utilize experience setting benchmarks and metrics.
Our Recruiters thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will have the opportunity to draw on your extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business; and forge dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You will perform candidate generation, client/account management, prioritize your time in an extremely fast-paced environment, push back when needed, and provide amazing customer service.
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
- Recruit passive candidates and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and motivation rather than simply sell a role.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management; conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high interview-to-offer ratios.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Articulate in writing recruiting plans with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Work with the business, HRBP, and Compensation to determine appropriate salary ranges and negotiate compensation with candidates.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
• 3+ years technical recruiting experience recruiting software or technology leaders.
• 3+ years experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
• 3+ years experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer.
• Experience recruiting technical talent in competitive markets.
• Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
• Strong communication skills, organizational and client management skills.
• Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
• Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
• Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
• MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to work on a diverse team Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.