Permanent Reference code
:104729 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Halifax; Ottawa; Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte Technology. We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.What will your typical day look like?
As a Technical Product Owner, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood, and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role one will work alongside an Agile development team to plan, develop, deliver, and evangelize state-of-the-art technology enablement products and services. You will take the lead on product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met. Set expectations and manage priorities with the Deloitte Cloud Services leadership and understand the needs of your clients related to solution capabilities and product strategy. In addition, one will work with leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance. To be successful in this role you will need a good balance of strong technical skills, keen product sense, and an understanding of how teams deliver software.
Other Additional Responsibilities in this role:
About the team
- Integrating the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all hosting and cloud related products.
- Bringing industry best practices and real-world experience as a Product Owner to help us move towards becoming a high performing DevOps organization.
- Working with leadership and customers to develop a strategy for execution of product backlog and roadmaps.
- Leading product development aspects for Deloitte Cloud Services to include strategic planning, release execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts.
- Collaborating with leadership to prepare overall product release schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participating in technology/solution decisions with architecture and development teams ensuring that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are met and properly documented.
- Collaborating with customers to analyze business and functional requirements that have an impact on business applications.
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a Technical Product Owner, you have/are:
- a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years working as a solutions architect, development manager or senior developer responsible for understanding the technical aspect of modern software development
- Around 3 years working in agile product development (preferably with the title as Product Owner or Product Manager) or 5 years as a member of an agile development team with responsibly for managing product features and capabilities
- Experience working within a Lean-agile software product development methodology such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Experience with defining and documenting product requirements into small, well-articulated, and valuable deliverables
- Technical hands-on experience in cloud architecture and/or application development
- Past experience in leading the scrum team's priorities in release planning, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies; working in collaboration with solution architects, developers, senior product managers, contractors, and a variety of technology partners.
- Comfortable challenging requirements to ensure we are delivering what is best for the client and business
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum projects through to demonstrable successful releases
Our shared values
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a SAFe environment with demonstrated competency of delivery against objectives
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Engineer, Developer, Equity, Strategic Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Strategy