Overview Paladin Security:
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
The pay rate for this positon is $24.00 an hour. Site Description:
Halifax Stanfield is Atlantic Canada's principal full-service airport providing passengers and cargo clients with direct access to markets across Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean Basin, Europe, and Asia. Halifax Stanfield offers Canada Customs services on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis, and it's the only airport in Atlantic Canada with U.S. preclearance and International to Domestic processing facilities. The Airport is a major economic generator, contributing $3.8 billion annually to the provincial economy pre-pandemic. In 2020, Halifax Stanfield served 995,000 passengers and processed nearly 33,000 metric tonnes of cargo.Job Description:
A Team Lead is responsible for the supervision and operational effectiveness of the entire on-duty security shift. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating the security response to incidents.
A Team Lead has security-related experience and is a proven supervisor.Requirements:
- Communication and customer service skills
- Supervisory experience
- Computer proficiency
- Team Leads are responsible for the ongoing training and direction of their their team.
- Team Leads are accountable for their team's knowledge (and rentention) of the site operations per Paladin expectations.
- Communication is a key function of the Team Lead position, sharing information with their team as needed
- Ensuring contractual obligations are met, addressing matters such as time loss or lateness.
- While on shift, the Team Leads will respond to all emergencies and take command of the situations as they pertain to the Paladin's involvement.
- The Team Lead is also responsible for ensuring the staff have read and understand Paladin's Occupational Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. As well, reporting any infractions or accidents that occur during their shift.
- Team Leads are responsibile for disciplinary issues, including documentation and coaching opportunities.
- Additional Team Lead duties include (but are not limited to); Email responsiveness, Shift briefings, conferring with the Site Supervisor on daily or upcoming matters, assisting with scheduling, and ensuring daily paperwork has been completed.
We thank all applicants for their interest! Only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin is happy to offer health and dental benefits to full-time employees.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1