Permanent Reference code
:124538 Primary Location:
Calgary, AB All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Burlington, ON; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
As Senior Consultant in our Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) practice, you will be responsible for working in a project team to deliver process automation and technology projects to Tax clients. Primary responsibilities include:As a Senior Consultant in TTC you will:
About the team
- Assist in tax technology projects identified by TTC's project leads where the implementation of technology or enhancement of source systems can enhance clients' efficiencies, quality and communication while reducing risk, review time and complexity
- Assist with the design, build and implementation of technology tools and solutions and related processes that are tailored to meet our clients' specific business needs
- Support clients with the tax aspects of ERP and other source system implementations
- Assist TTC's project leads to optimize ERP (and similar) systems to support our clients' tax needs;
- Integrate 3rd party software solutions that focus on tax automation and monitoring;
- Confer with clients and internal project teams regarding tax technologies
- Leverage tax technologies, tools and solutions to drive benefits for our clients
- Coordinate and communicate with internal project teams and client teams on an ongoing basis through-out identified projects
You will work within an engagement team assisting with:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Identifying business requirements
- Requirements management
- Functional design
- Configuration of SAP for tax and/or Tax Engine software
- Process design (including scenario design and flow mapping)
- Defining support procedures and supporting implementations
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a preference in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology and/or related discipline
- 2--4 years of relevant experience in Finance, Tax or IT related roles
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience with SAP indirect tax in a user, implementer or support capacity
- Experience with technology tools, solutions and/or ERP system implementations is preferred (experience could include ONESOURCE suite of products, Sovos, Vertex, Avatax, eBTax etc...)
- Good knowledge of business process flows in an ERP system like Procure to Pay and/or Order to cash is considered an asset
- Should have knowledge of basic accounting entries related to the Procure to Pay and/or Order to cash
- Applications development/programming experience is preferred
- Strong presentation skills and written/verbal communications are preferred
- Strong organization, prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and Ability to work effectively in a team
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
SAP, Testing, ERP, Developer, Computer Science, Technology
Management and Executive