You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Enablement Services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
As a Manager
in the Asset Management Tax
practice, you will work closely with the KPMG Leadership team from various functions in a project based environment working with innovative digital tax platforms to deliver comprehensive tax compliance services to the asset management industry. This position provides the opportunity to develop technical expertise in taxation matters impacting investment funds. You will also have the opportunity to work with our tax data solutions team in developing industry leading applications to facilitate efficiencies and value-add data analytical functionality.
We are looking for Tax Managers to join our Asset Management team in our Halifax
practice. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- An opportunity to lead large sized client engagements
- Reviewing work for junior staff to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing technical support, coaching and mentoring for the professional development of junior staff
- Work with technology enabled tax processing for clients related to distributions for Canadian funds, compliance and US reporting for Canadian investments funds (PFIC reporting)
- As a Tax Manager on the team you will have considerable opportunities to interact with our clients directly and form part of their extended team as you work closely with them
- You will be involved with engagement planning, organizing teams to deliver on investment fund tax engagement mandates which span the investment fund's tax life cycle
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Minimum of four years' experience in a Public accounting tax firm and/or fund industry or related
- An understanding and/or interest in tax in the asset management industry
- Knowledge and ability to implement processes and procedures to help create efficiencies
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to forecast and avoid future challenges and conflict from repeating, while keeping in mind practicalities and costs
- Effective negotiation skills by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Completion or enrollment of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course is an asset
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.