You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Enablement Services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.Overview of the opportunity:
As part of the Canadian Corporate Tax team the successful candidate will provide tax compliance solutions to our valued Asset Management clients. You will be emersed in a continuous learning environment, ensuring your success in the role while allowing you to develop a varied skill set and progress within the function. You will quickly become adept at tax reporting, asset management tax compliance, and client management.This position is NOT for future CPA candidates. What you will do
In this role you will work with a financial data that will need to be analyzed, organized, and validated. Working with senior members of the team, the data will be used to generate various reports for our clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Tax research
- Tax compliance reporting
- Account reconciliation and preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
- Filing GST / HST returns
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. Please note this role is fully remote. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Post-secondary education (college or university) in accounting or business management is preferred
- Experience providing support in the functional areas such as middle-office admistration, bookkeeping, fund administration, preparation of financial statements or tax reporting is preferred
- Experience with tax compliance within asset management would be a decided asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter and solution-oriented mind-set
- Dedication and strong work ethic, strong team player.
- Strong time-management abilities and self- motivation.
- Strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and met multiple priorities
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- A self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.