At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NEWS 95.7 Halifax has an exciting opening for a Talk Show Producer/Reporter on its award winning news team. If you are passionate about news and current events, love producing quality content for on-air, online and social media while dealing with a live talk program, this is the right position for you. The ideal candidate will produce our weekend talk show and be a reporter three days a week.
- Contact and line-up guests on a daily basis.
- Pre-Interview guests in a respectful manner
- Execute program in line with station format and philosophy.
- Extend the experience online through Social Media.
- Cover assigned stories in a busy news/talk operation.
- Deliver concise and compelling stories on-air and online.
- Stay up to date on the news locally, nationally and internationally.
- Graduate of a community college broadcast journalism program.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Must have a valid drivers license
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
160628 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs: