MDA Halifax has won a NATO contract to provision the Functional Services for Command and Control of Maritime Operations (TRITON). This is exciting work that builds on work that MDA has already done with RCN and DND over the last 20 years. As we branch out into new arenas and expand our work we need to grow our team to grow our expertise in Command and Control.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Systems Engineer with good communication and people skills for our Halifax office. You will be part of a team of Systems Engineers in a company that is known internationally for successfully completing highly complex projects over the past 30 years. There will be opportunities to work with professional system, software and hardware engineers and you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you and your team deliver results to meet customer needs. Responsibilities
As a Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to establish ownership and demonstrate your abilities in all phases of the system life-cycle, including:
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers, meet the customer&rsquo s stated requirements and their operational needs, and are price competitive and cost-effective.
- Conducting working sessions to understand our customers&rsquo objectives, requirements and constraints.
- Managing design integrity and compliance with requirements specifications.
- Establishing concept of operations, system specifications, system interfaces.
- Applying specialty engineering design disciplines to creatively address our customer&rsquo s requirements.
- Conducting structured reviews of system engineering deliverables.
- Concluding requirements elaboration and reviews with the establishment of technical baselines.
- Working with our customer to control change over the technical baselines.
- Supporting the preparation of and updates to systems engineering management plans.
- Monitoring and resolving customer concerns as design, implementation, integration and test progress.
- Supporting system test and acceptance.
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following capabilities, experience and skills:
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years&rsquo experience in systems engineering.
- Proven ability to focus on the customer, understand their needs, and deliver results.
- Possess progressive analytical skills and innovative systems level solution capability required for defining large, complex, mission critical systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the full system or product life cycle, the system engineering discipline, and how the system engineering discipline is applied successfully to each phase.
- The ability to pro-actively identify and manage risks.
- The ability to create and manage the different system engineering deliverables.
- The ability to lead or participate in reviews of deliverables with the customer.
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess proven technical leadership and interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and technical execution strengths.
- Persuasive yet diplomatic, retain excellent negotiation skills, and committed to success.
- Experience or expertise in engineering design disciplines (reliability, maintainability, availability, security).
- Knowledge of geospatial information and formats available in the market.
- Experience in writing use cases and/or user stories.
- Experience in working with software developers in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience demonstrating application of Command and Control of Maritime Operations Domain Knowledge is a big plus, but not required &ndash however a successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a keen interest in learning and working in this domain.
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS or Requisite-Pro.
- Experience with system modelling tools and system modelling notations, such as MagicDraw / Enterprise Architect and SysML / UML
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for both macro and micro services
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Agile processes
See how your career can grow with MDA. Please include a cover letter with your application describing a project you managed, briefly relate the project to the above requirements, and describe the main obstacles you faced on the project and how you overcame them.
Candidates must be able to obtain a NATO Level II Security Clearance Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile