Shopping Portal is a site-wide system that revolutionizes how Amazon retail experiences are built. Are you interested in working at the largest possible scale? Are you interested in making an impact across all pages? Are you interested in contributing to how the company is building new experiences? Then come be a part of that revolution! On the Shopping Portal team, you have ownership of a core component that powers every single page. We integrate with over 30 site-wide features and also provide a debugging toolkit to enhance the developer experience across the company. Shopping Portal is therefore a key system in delivering and experimenting with site-wide functionality to delight Amazon's customers.
You will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions in small chunks, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better.
You will have the opportunity to impact the technical and operational choices we make at Amazon. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business and operational results. Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Improve Shopping Portal's operational excellence by driving performance and monitoring features.
• Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
• Troubleshoot problems, and in turn recommend and implement industry-leading solutions.
• Perform software migrations and automate testing frameworks.
• Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, and/or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of server infrastructure design, development and/or administration
• Experience with system and application monitoring in a metrics driven environment.
• Efficient in troubleshooting and identifying the root cause(s) with skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Efficient in writing code to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, strong customer focus, and ownership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance