As a Structural EIT with 0 to 3 years of experience and/or a Structural Engineer who has registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT) in one of the provinces in Atlantic Region, you will be completing assignments on development of structural drawings, structural modeling, analysis, design and structural assessment by site visits and perform assignments under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer or Project Manager. Projects involvement will range from site feasibility analysis to detailed design and assistance through the construction phase. The Structural EIT will assume some project coordination duties and have interaction with clients.The primary duties of the Structural EIT include:
- Working on preliminary and detailed design assignments for major transit and facility projects
- Work on a team with other project engineers and designers on the EA, preliminary, and detailed design of Structural components of the projects while coordinating with other disciplines including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Roads and Transit Engineering.
- Working with a team and visits sites for structural assessment of the existing structures, organize documents and assist in preparation of the condition assessment reports and preliminary design of rehabilitations
- Working closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other professional staff with project management tasks including project coordination, report and memo preparation, project scheduling, proposal preparation, client interaction and quality control and assurance.
- Provide assistance with the creation and submission of technical reports, memos, specifications and calculations. Will also assist in preparing final construction documents and reports.
- Design and drafting for the preparation of structural drawings under direction from Project Engineer or Project Manager on various structural portion of the projects
- Bachelors of Civil/ Structural or higher required
- Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario or ability to obtain (EIT)
- 0 to 3 years of experience in design and project coordination for Civil/ Structural infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal and communications skills are required
- Excellent technical writing skill is required
- Microsoft Office Suite required
- Document control experience (ProjectWise is a plus)
- Experience in AutoCAD and Microstation is an asset
- An attitude and commitment to quality, teaming, innovative problem solving, communication, relationship management, and the culture that is integral to our employee ownership model
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.