6025 Almon Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 1T9
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?SUMMARY:
Administer all accounting, payroll, benefits, POS/MMS and financial requirements to support achieving store(s) objectives.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies packing slips by matching them to the authorized invoice and verify that they are on the • Merchandise Receiving Log
- Identifies any discrepancies between invoice cost and purchase order amounts and alerts the buyer or Associate of any discrepancies
- Posts LITES central pay invoices
- Matches DSD invoices, inter-store transfers and RAD invoices to SDM weekly statement
- Generates store cheques for Associate's signature and post entries to LITES
- Processes all charge sales daily, ensuring AR system totals match the total validated through the cash register
- Processes all receipts on account daily, ensuring AR system totals match the total validated through cash register receipts
- Reconcile Third Party sales against Prescription Sales report for each Third Party and follows up on all discrepancies
- Processes third party EFT receipts
- Posts weekly billings for off-line sales
- Processes and reconciles all adjustments to the A/R sub ledger
- Maintains and reviews updated detailed A/R aging report each period end
- Reviews manual claims reconciliation on a period basis
- Follows up on older outstanding balances
- Reconciles details from the cash register on a daily basis. Determines whether cash overage or shortage occurred and investigates to determine cause of any daily shortage or overage
- Audits entries from register to ensure accuracy
- Reconciles Post Office Daily Summary to Canada Post deposits
- Ensures daily deposits appear in the bank account in a timely manner
- Audits allocation of expenses to ensure correct accounts are charged
- Reviews WFM Payroll Summary Report against the Payroll Preview in Ceridian after WFM payroll import occurs and advises the appropriate manager of any discrepancies
- Ensures payroll is processed every two weeks
- If required, processes employee advances
- Employee Benefit Administration: enrolls eligible employee in the program and ensure terminated employees are removed from the program. Provides program information to employees.
- Ensures that employee personal data is accurate in Ceridian and provide discrepancies to managers for changes in WFM
- Updates Cosmetic Commissions Database for Cosmetic Daily Sales Analysis: sales, hours and commission payment by Cosmetic employee
- Provides FSM with Cosmetic Commissions data to be entered in WFM
- Ensures T4s are requested and balanced before CRA deadline
- Prepares SA Period End Binder with required documents, reviews and forwards to Associate
- Reviews period end cash reconciliation
- Completes the inventory day web forms, including the cutoff worksheet, and liaises with RAD
- Completes filing as required and organization of office set-up
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Ensures employee personnel file is maintained with all required documentation. If incomplete advises department manager of missing documentation
- Performs other internal audit controls as required
- Perform other duties as required
Submits weekly financial process optimization (FPO) webforms to Central Office:
- Week 1 - Human Resources and Payroll
- Week 2 - Cash and expenses includes variance analysis of current period expenses vs. plan
- Week 3 - Inventory
- Week 4 - Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in store bookkeeping
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include occasional evenings andweekends
- Ability tolift up to 20pounds
- General office work
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WRTLWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.