STO-RE 27R - Senior Crown Land Specialist Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R27 - Res Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually Close Date
5/23/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
Crown Land Opportunities and Restoration Branch/ IROD Job Summary Senior Crown Land Specialist
Scientific Technical Officer R27 - Resource
This position can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .You are committed to excellence in sustainable Crown land management
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies.
To forge strong working relationships with other ministries, First Nations, the private sector and representatives from other agencies to find the balance between economic development and environmental integrity necessary to support the disposition and tenuring of Crown Land. Facilitates and ensures appropriate consultation occurs at planning, adjustment, implementation and evaluation stages.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact TAMI.FUR@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master's Degree in a resource management field, business, economics, planning, urban land economics, or equivalent, plus 2 years of related experience; OR,
- Bachelor's Degree in a resource management field, business, economics, planning, urban land economics, or equivalent, plus 3 years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in a resource management field, business, economics, planning, urban land economics, or equivalent, plus5 years of related experience.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Experience resolving conflict in a manner that satisfies stakeholders with varying and opposing interests.
- Experience in finding solutions to Crown Land disposition challenges.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Regional operations and authorizations experience.
- Training or course work in project management.
- Training in real estate appraisal
- Experience managing licensing and leasing documents and agreements, authorizations, and Crown grants.
- Experience in First Nation engagement and consultation.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires you to have a valid FULL BC driver's license (minimum class 5), or an equivalent class driver's license from another province or jurisdiction.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments. Job Category
Scientific and Technical