From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
The objective of our Centre of Excellence (COE) is to inspire the confidence and trust that help enable a complex world to work. EY's Assurance COE provides scalable offerings that allows our clients to benefit from our insights and efficiencies. As a part of the COE, you will work with multiple companies across different industries to gain a unique insight into how businesses operate. This will allow you to understand the factors driving business performance and become a more connected, responsive and insightful professional. The opportunity
Within EY's Assurance practice, we have a Centre of Excellence (COE) located in Halifax, Nova Scotia that predominantly performs remote delivery work in the areas of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (NI 52-109 and Sarbanes Oxley) and other Assurance related procedures. We are currently seeking a Staff to join this growing team. The successful candidate will participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating/testing our clients' business processes and controls. The successful candidate will also assist engagement teams with performing substantive procedures and/or engagement specific procedures.
You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key areas
• Business process controls Your Key Responsibilities
• Agreed upon procedures and/or specified procedures
• Substantive testing
• Analyze business and financial processes to identify risks and improvements in the controls frameworks for the various processes. Skills And Attributes For Success
• Perform various substantive and analytical procedures to identify errors and/or misstatements.
• Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and business performance.
• Ensure high quality in client service informing supervisors of engagement status.
• Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
• Maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
• College and/or University degree/diploma in Business What We Look For
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working remotely
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
• Desire to learn and grow
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you What Working At EY Offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance