Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Burlington; Fredericton; Halifax; Kitchener; Moncton; Ottawa; Saint John; St. John's Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. Are you a current student looking to pursue either a Coop term or Internship? At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients' most pressing concerns and complex challenges.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- Learn Deloitte's audit innovations and methodology - you're not just reading numbers, you're understanding them.
- Interact and develop global and cross-service line relationships at every level - build a network that lasts a lifetime.
- Engrain yourself in a culture that fosters excellence - a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead.
- Understand the what, how, and why of client's transactions - always be ready to act ahead.
- Explore the world with our clients - help them connect the dots.
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we. About the team
Co-op & Intern students interested in pursuing their CPA designation are key team members from day one. They are responsible for creating and nurturing positive relationships with key client contacts at every level. We know that we perform better when we connect with our clients.
You will work strategically with your team members to develop an understanding of the firm's business and the clients you are serving. You will support organizations in different industries of all sizes to help them perform better and adapt to an ever-evolving future.
Our teams make a commitment to each other to foster a collaborative and supportive environment with quality, professional development, apprenticeship, mentorship and wellness at the forefront of team delivery. Our commitment to helping each other grow and develop is strong and intentional. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our shared values
- Working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Demonstrated leader, who takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Energized by complex situations and working with teams to solve complex problems
- Proficient with data and analytics
- Outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- Excited by innovation and embraces change
- Creative thinker
- Passionate about building long lasting business relationships
- Curious and committed to continuous learning and professional development
- Experience with MS office suite (significant experience with Excel is an asset)
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Applytoday! Application deadlines are:
Ottawa: May 23rd, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET
Halifax: May 25th, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET
St. John's: May 25th, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, CPA, Audit, Intern, Developer, Finance, Entry Level, Technology