You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented individual who provides exceptional customer service?
The Audit function office in KPMG is looking for Second Year Staff Accountants to join its dynamic team.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. What you will do
As a Staff Accountant, you will learn from some of the most prominent professionals in the sector and develop your personal skills by assuming the following responsibilities:
- Assist on the audit of the clients
- Review the financial statements and related notes.
- Testing Internal Controls
- Perform financial and other systems analysis.
- Perform general accounting tasks to finalize a file if necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients.
As an audit professional, you will strive to deliver an outstanding quality service to represent our firm. You will help clients assess their risks while ensuring transparency through their operations.
A great opportunity to acquire the knowledge and experience that will allow you to progress to a position as a Senior Accountant. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Accounting/business diploma.
- Must be enrolled in the CA/CPA program.
- Must have a minimum of 1 completed year of auditing experience with a public accounting firm.
- Proficient knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS)
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to both internal and external clients.
- Skilled at developing an understanding of the client businesses, the issues they face, and the markets they operate in.
- Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear, and confidently conveying messages in a credible and persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure. Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org