Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented Technical Program Managers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
Amazon Payments Experience's mission is to build the most trusted, intuitive and accessible payments experience on earth. We are looking for passionate engineers, technologists, and leaders to build the next evolution of our payment technology stack and experiences.
APX is looking for super star Senior TPM to join the team in Vancouver, British Columbia. You will get an opportunity to influence Amazon's technical architecture across multiple directors, establish and own a roadmap. This role requires working with across product teams to define strategy and requirements and lead cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, agile project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
We are looking for someone who is creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done - at the core of this position is delivering to the highest standards that meets customers' needs.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required - service-oriented architecture, product development (including Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), build processes, agile project management and release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience is required.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• 5+ years of technical program management experience\
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience with business office applications handyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
• Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies for complex systems
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
• Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
• A solid CS foundation including at least 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role, and good knowledge of OOAD, scalability issues, and multi-tiered solutions.
• Seasoned project manager with 8+ years experience managing technology projects (software development and application infrastructure) with aggressive schedules.
• Solid experience and track record of successful system implementations utilizing multiple project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. Strong familiarity with Agile methodologies.
• An excellent track record of project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
• Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent technical skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming