Amazon's In-Memory database services such as MemoryDB and ElastiCache are massive at-scale services that are powering some of the top companies in the world. These databases are transforming how customers understand and use in-memory databases that have historically been used only as cache. As in-memory databases become more mainstream, we are looking for individuals who can come in and build net new capabilities and grow the business further.
As we expand our engineering team and the service, we are looking for a seasoned manager of managers who is passionate about caching systems, distributed systems and people. A rare combination. In this position, you will work closely with architects, product managers and customers to define new features and build net new experiences for our customers interested in increasing the usage of their cache solutions. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers and managers while be sufficiently hands-on to provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will have complete and end to end ownership of a subset of services to drive innovation and operational excellence within the space.
Key job responsibilities
As a senior manager, you will also focus on growing individuals and team charter influence technical and long-term business strategy, help us hire talented team of engineers and work closely with senior executives to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
A successful candidate will bring sufficient technical and software expertise, good business acumen and judgment and the ability to hire and lead multiple teams.
About the team
Amazon's In-Memory Database comprises of two offerings - Amazon ElastiCache and Amazon MemoryDB. The team has grown significantly over the years as customers continue to love the open source Redis Database but do not want to self-manage their clusters and nodes. We are growing at a significant scale, and hence there is significant opportunities for high potential leaders to come in and have a major impact both for the customer and the business.
We believe in complete ownership. As the owner of the team you will drive your processes that work best for your team and your timezone.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years of people management experience and managing managers
* experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
* Strong track record of delivering products and ensuring customer success
* Excellent written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Background in defining and developing a microservices based architecture
* Background in designing massively scalable distributed systems
* Having demonstrated abilities to lead remote sites successfully
* Desire to build and grow teams from the ground up
* Experience working on enterprise grade databases and storage systems
* Experience working with in-memory caching and database technologies, including Memcached and Redis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming