Are you excited about cloud computing and exabytes of data? Are you passionate about delivering high quality services that affect hundreds of thousands of users? Amazon Redshift is the leading cloud data warehouse and one of the largest distributed systems in the world. We are building the next generation of data warehousing and looking for engineers to help shape the future of Redshift.
As a Redshift Senior Software Development Engineer, you will build systems that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters across the world. You will take significant ownership on the overall product vision by defining new features and architecture. You will distill complex and ambiguous requirements, converting them into meaningful projects that provide immense customer value. You will own code end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations. You will lead engineers on elaborate projects and help develop a flourishing team through active mentoring and hiring.
Our team is the gateway for users to manage and interact with their clusters and data. We build massive distributed systems that handle catastrophic failures and automatically remediate them. We empower users and control the life cycle of Redshift clusters from beginning to end. Check out https://aws.amazon.com/redshift/whats-new/
to see projects we've recently launched.
Creating reliable, scalable, and flexible distributed services requires exceptional technical expertise, fundamental Computer Science skills, and practical experience building large-scale systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software, is customer-focused, and is passionate about delivering high quality software. Come join us and solve challenging problems in a fast-growing team with boundless opportunities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 7+ years experience writing large scale systems in C/ and/or Java
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
- Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming