Customers (300+ Amazon services and 100K+ customers) use API Gateway to expose their products to world and then scale to meet that global demand. Help drive our strategy and grow teams in Canada to support our mission. The team reporting to this role will be based primarily in Vancouver, but we're committed to hybrid work so are actively hiring in other Canadian and US locations.
Amazon API Gateway, an AWS service, is rapidly changing how every company - from 2-person startups to the Fortune 500 - think about building and delivering serverless and traditional applications in the cloud. API Gateway is the front-door of the Serverless revolution. We turn daunting tasks such as traffic management, authentication / authorization, monitoring, and API versioning into easily configurable steps. The API Gateway team is growing rapidly and looking for a passionate, results-oriented leader to continue to grow our Canadian engineering footprint.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, demonstrated leader with excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. You understand that diverse teams build the best products, and you are motivated, curious, and dedicated to making our customers huge fans of API Gateway. You model the thoughtful, respectful, and data-driven approaches that build a great and fun team.
For more information on API Gateway, see [url=https://aws.amazon.com/api-gateway/]BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• 10+ years of commercial software development experience, with at least 6 years managing a development team
• 5+ years experience with at least one of Java, C/C++PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience developing API management or network security products
• Familiarity with the OSI model, and network protocols and technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming