Are you ready to take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and computing challenges in the world? Our team's vision is to offer the most customer-centric Billing and Invoicing experience, and transform this experience to a measurable drivers. Our team generate and publishes AWS invoices for 60+ countries and 250+ services of AWS. Because we sit at the nexus of all services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Manager to lead a large, distributed team of engineers in AWS Invoicing. Our fast-growing team builds products and services that power invoicing and tax computation for millions of AWS customers every month. Our mission is to make these inherently complexes processes simple, seamless, and easy to manage, increasing ease of doing business with AWS, and allowing our customers to focus their time and energy on innovation.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, and deliver experiences for all of customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments. Roll up your sleeves, build an engineering team second to none, and have fun while creating significant customer value. Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and that customers expect from us.
Key job responsibilities
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line
- Delivery of quality applications on-time and on-budget
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
- Report on status of product quality to management, customer support and product teams via rigorous execution of detailed plans and accurate reporting of test cases executed, bugs discovered, bugs fixed, etc.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- 8+ years of experience building and leading development teams that and deliver highly reliable and distributed systems
- 5+ years of direct people leadership experience with 2+ years experience managing managers
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- MBA advanced degree
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner similar certification
- Experience with large billing e-commerce platforms including systems involving complex business logic
- Experience delivering products, managing budgets and rationalizing resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming