Sr. Equipment Engineer
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking an Sr.Equipment Engineering Standards Specialist reporting to the Manger, Equipment Engineering Standards, National.The specialist will be accountable to Supervise, manage and provide technical direction and support to other Equipment Engineering Specialists in the group to ensure high quality standards are followed forWork order preparation detailing transmission and IP design, DC power dimensioning, MSC, BSC, RBS and BTS interface assignments and equipment details in support of network projects involving GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, 5G,Sigtran, SS7, Messaging, Hi-speed data networks and wireless network services and features. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Regular interaction with various engineering departments, field operations, project management, vendors and other internal customers in resolution of engineering problems and issues associated with a project.
- Developing, planning and engineering standards and scalable wireless equipmentstrategies to support growth of our wireless LTE/5G network
- Ensure proper configuration and integration of new equipment into the network and that engineering designs follow established principles and adhere to Rogers's standard.
- Order necessary power and auxiliary equipment required for implementation of projects.
- Support field technicians and project managers in answering technical questions related to a project and provide engineering support to Operations and/or contractors during implementation of work orders and cutovers.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on network configuration and approve and document field changes to ensure that access network documentation is current and reflect the network image.
- Support regional Equipment Engineering team for special sites design or cost study and tools requirement. Any knowledge in NRM and SpatialNet tools will be an asset.
- Provide forecast (In coordination of regional teams) for long lead time items.
- Knowledge on AC and DC generators, Batteries hardware ( incl. Li-ion ), Controllers and system monitoring/management devices, Free Air Cooling & HVAC systems Power (entrance dimensioning calculation, transfer switch, generators),DC power systems hardware and load calculation, Equipment enclosures (shelter, walk in cabinet ,cabinet, leaseholds.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent or a combination of Engineering Technologist diploma and 8 to 10 years direct experience in network detailed engineering.
- 5 to 7 years experience in engineering, building or maintaining large telecommunications networks preferably in a wireless technology environment
- Working background in some of the following disciplines including documentation: core networks, broadband transmission (FOTS, M/W, ATM & IP), SS7, Messaging, data transmission, dc power engineering and equipment engineering.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in an environment of shifting priorities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to work as a member of multi-discipline project teams.
- Familiarity with wireless technologies, broadband transport, ATM and IP network.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and database applications.
Other Critical Competencies:
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent in Building or Environmental Engineering.
- Working knowledge of telecom and construction industry codes and standards, including relevant CSA standards and the Building Codes.
- Good understanding of Telecommunication Engineering Concepts for Wireless cell sites including knowledge of Power systems, Batteries, Generators, Renewable Energy, Controllers and firmware, Routers (Cisco), Cabinet/WIC types etc.
- Professional Engineering designation an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Any experience in engineering, building, or maintaining large telecommunications networks preferably in a wireless technology environment will be an asset.
- Knowledge of IP network will be an asset.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting decision making skills
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work as a member of multi-discipline project teams on multiple projects in an environment of shifting priorities.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making, and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Process oriented problem solver who is able to take high level concepts and ideas and create a story that can connect the business case to the technical work and is able to articulate the benefits and cost effectively.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 275774
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes:Digital & Technology
Halifax, NS, CA Brampton, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Construction, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Technical Writer, Telecom, Engineering, Technology
Construction, Mining and Trades Engineering