Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
This position is a security officer role for the Saint Mary's University sports games. Saint Mary's University is a post-secondary institution that will be holding various sports games. Security Officers must have outstanding customer service skills and have excellent observation skills. This position has officers also be an accurate and dependable resource having knowledge about services on campus. Comprehend and demonstrate competencies of Saint Mary's University Campus Security policies and procedures with an ability to use a customer service approach. Attentive to the needs of the student, faculty and staff as well as be able to build relationships with the University community. Keep an open and objective mind, remembering the University's diverse community. Encourage students to make connections with university resources and the community by building a safe and supportive environment. Help develop an atmosphere in which students have concern and respect for the rights of others. Assist student, staff and faculty during crisis and contact the necessary emergency services as needed. Frequently inspect the campus for damage and report to management. Ensure that the property is safe by ensuring all security measures are functioning properly.
- Patrol the sports games
- Conduct investigations re: thefts, break and enter, suspicious persons, accidents, etc. and complete incident reports, occurrence logs or appropriate documentation
- Complete door locks/unlocks as required.
- Play an active role in all emergency situations
- Enforce Saint Mary's Smoke-Free Campus and Tobacco Use Policy and document all non-compliance.
- Aid, as necessary, to university community members'
- Assist in orientation and training of new security personnel, as required.
- Provide First Aid response.
- Monitor surveillance cameras, as required.
- Other related duties and assignments, as delegated by the University Security Manager.
- Parking Duties may be required.
- Must be trained in First Aid, CPR, DEFIB
- Experience in a gym setting would be an asset
- Must be able to complete the initial and ongoing training courses provided by Paladin Security
- Able to endure excessive walking
- Hour's change depending on the sports game schedule
- Shifts and duties are subject to change
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Robert Anstey
This is a Part-Time
position Shifts depend on sports game schedule
Number of Openings for this position: 5