Are you looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
The Specialist, Evaluation supports the development and implementation of evaluation strategies and activities that will inform decision making in the Health Authority.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
This position is flexible to any community within the Northern Health region. Explore our wonderful northern communities. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Master's degree in health, evaluation or social sciences;
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience in conducting evaluations, performance monitoring or quality improvement initiatives;
• Experience in health care settings, community development and project management;
• Experience with evaluation in primary care and/or virtual care settings;
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge about and experience with evaluation theories and approaches an asset.
• Knowledge and ability to perform qualitative and quantitative data collection and analyses.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as in teams.
• Strong oral and written communication skills including facilitation and negotiation skills and knowledge transfer and exchange.
• Ability to effectively present and clarify requirements, expectations, ideas and concepts to health professionals, public and participants in care innovations.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.