The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Physical Stores Security Software Development team is a cross-discipline team that owns services, technology and capabilities to secure physical stores (Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon Grocery, Whole foods, Amazon One, Dash carts) at scale. We build security systems required to securely operate stores, IoT devices and novel devices like Amazon one, dash carts etc. We are looking for motivated engineers to build next generation IoT device Authentication & management systems, machine learning based anomaly detection models, infrastructure Security monitoring service, certificate authorities, high throughput data analysis engines etc. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building machine learning applications
- Full stack software development experience
- Experience with Java or other object oriented languages
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
- Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer value
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance