The Recruiting Engine (RE) Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for a Technical Sourcing Recruiter to join our sourcing team. This is a centralized team (pipeline-based hiring model for SDE talent) that works across multiple Amazon business lanes with a focus on quality processes and high-volume at scale, that provides candidate choice. Because the sourcing team is business agnostic and candidate obsessed, this allows Sourcers to let their sourcing expertise shine and focus on candidate experience. As part of the Recruiting Engine, the team has unique access to tools, resources, best practices, and new recruiting technologies that are designed to enhance a Sourcer's capabilities. If you are excited about technical recruiting, candidate experience, and diving deep into sourcing strategies to attract bar raising talent - this is the team for you! Other offerings include outstanding career growth, highly collaborative teams, and a fun and passionate work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for talent attraction strategies against a timeline and will utilize your experience setting benchmarks and metrics. Our Sourcing Recruiters thrive in innovative, fast-paced environments, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will have the opportunity to draw on your extensive knowledge of technical recruiting and will forge dynamic relationships with stakeholders. You will perform candidate generation, account management, candidate assessment and interview preparation.
Key job responsibilities
• Understanding of how to recruit passive Software Development Engineer (SDE) candidates
• Creating unique multi-channel and market-specific search strategies that attract bar-raising engineering talent
• Developing prospects into candidates and assessing them for role fit, level, and motivations by conducting calibrated phone interviews
• Possess the ability to develop and prepare SDE candidates up until the point of on-site interview
• Building out talent networks and tapping into knowledgeable industry resources to develop evergreen candidate pipelines
• Continually contributing to the team's knowledgebase and greater Amazon talent acquisition community
• Mentoring junior recruiters in best practices in preparation for taking on a lead role
• Interviewing recruiter candidates
A day in the life
SDE sourcers in Pathfinder are focused on passive sourcing. They spend a lot of time in LinkedIn Recruiter reviewing profiles, and then verifying them with our internal systems to ensure they aren't being processed elsewhere.
If available, the sourcer will reach out (InMail, Email, Call) to engage. If the candidate has questions, we schedule a recruiter phone screen (RPS).
Once the candidate is ready to go, they are scheduled for an online assessment. After that point, other team members will take over moving the candidate to an offer.
About the team
Pathfinder is a centralized SDE recruiting team within Recruiting Engine that services 70% of the SDE openings in Amazon Corporate.
We differentiate ourselves by offering our candidates a choice of what team they can join based on their preferences aligning to the team's needs.
Because SDEs is all we do, we are able to go deep on the profile and create best practices.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive engineering candidate generation in high-tech markets
- CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking, and managing candidates
- MS Office - Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Track record of filling 'hard-to-fill' positions
- Optimism and perseverance
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to sourcing and delivering interview-ready candidates
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Experience building and using a variety of sourcing/recruiting plans and tools, including Internet research
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.