MDA maintains the Sonobuoy Test Processor (STP) system used by the Canadian Forces (CF) and their allies. The STP provides high performance multi-channel processing for all CF sonobuoy types in volume quality assurance tests and lower volume but more exacting design qualification tests and laboratory experiments. A specialized MDA team is modernizing the STP. To aid in this, the team requires an experienced software engineer to work in a fast-paced, inclusive Agile code development environment.
This position will allow the candidate to fully experience software development as well as participate in the broader field of systems engineering. Though the current work is mainly in C++, the candidate will support the Java based user interface and the MATLAB based acoustic data processing. The candidate will join a small team, based in the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office that has the full responsibility to meet the customer' s requirements. The candidate may be part of the installation effort at the CF Test Range, therefore travel to field operational sites may be required. They will also assist in the subsequent maintenance of the modernized STP system by identifying and undertaking customer directed improvements and upgrades. Responsibilities
- Software development using C++ and Java,
- Support legacy C/C++ code,
- Requirements engineering,
- Detailed design,
- Unit testing and documentation, and
- Excellent communication - some interaction with industry and the customer will be required
- Computer Science, Computer/ Engineering degree or certificate from a recognized institute,
- Participation in relevant software development, from detailed design through to test and support,
- 2+ years&rsquo within the last 5 years of coding with C++,
- Coding with Java experience,
- Object-oriented software design,
- Version control and configuration management to military grade standards,
- Structured unit testing and regression testing,
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize deliverables,
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, and
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Experience with high-throughput signal data processing
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Gradle, Docker and Kafka,
Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain Level II Security Clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: October 19, 2018
Closes: December 18, 2018