We are a team out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada with the idea that customers should know if the commitment-based agreements they bought are saving them money and are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. The team strongly believes in serverless application development and is always looking for a way to simplify our architecture and reduce the cost providing the service and the number of tickets.
We are not only looking for proficiency in writing software but we are looking for somebody who empathize with customers' needs and can collaborate with product managers rethink as we reinvent tomorrow. If you are looking for a team where you can grow your knowledge and expertise drop us a line and let us explore.
Key job responsibilities
In this position you will learn and grow your understanding of engineering by designing, developing, debugging, and deploying code. We don't expect you to know it all, but we expect you to be able to learn from your peers and the wider AWS developer community to solve bigger and bigger challenges.
A day in the life
As an engineer on the team, you will participate in sprints and daily stand ups. In the stand ups you'll sometime seek help and sometimes give help; but all together we deliver as a group. After attending standup you'll spend most days focusing on delivering your piece of a larger project until you are ready to start leading larger projects.
About the team
The team's mission is to help customers understand commitment-based discounting. A commitment-based discount is when a customer lets us know how they'll use AWS and they receive a reduced AWS price. Put simply, our mission is to save customers money.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Masters in Software Engineering or Engineering field
- Fluency in Scala and AWS Cloud Development Kit
- Interest in finance or personal finance
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming