Software Engineer, Applications - AI-Based Conversational Banking | FinTech (Vancouver)
If you are a full stack developer in Node.js and Python, and likes to contribute to a highly automated SLDC environment with very sophisticated CICD, this is the right job for you. You will have ample opportunity to architect, design and build both internal systems and external products. You will have the freedom to introduce your cool ideas and contribute to the company's bottom line directly by increased efficiency, improved quality, and reduced cost.
There are endless learning opportunities at Finn AI, and we are not afraid to change what we have if we can make a bigger impact. In a flat startup organization like ours, you will earn the trust and respect of your team and colleagues. We not only support, but encourage you to explore many different possibilities for your career paths.
So if you love to work in an agile environment, can have the confidence to take on new problems, and want to see your product delight colleagues and customers, you will find yourself right at home here.
- Perform end to end engineering of Finn.ai product or internal systems, from design, develop, review, test, release, deploy, upgrade and production
- Use, contribute to, and manage test automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelines, build systems, and security scanners
- When required, participate in production support, including deployment, training, setting up and incident response, in a timely fashion
- Take individual responsibilities to drive timely execution of projects and sprints, including estimates, status update and reviews
- Contribute to engineering culture and team capabilities. Strive to be a full-stack engineer
- Understand and contribute to company best practices for code quality and velocity
- Participate in architecture design and decisions, communicate significance/impact of a solution with management
- Produce documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
- Produce external-facing quality documents on design, user guides and API documentation
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, development, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering industry experience, at least 2 year as an intermediate software engineer
- Great team player contributing to create good team culture
- Strong Experience with Python, automated testing, web test frameworks and test reporting.
- Bonus to have strong experience with Node.js, React, Express, Postgres, and other web app technologies
- Experience with using containers, Kubernetes, and commonly used AWS/GCP cloud services
- Experience with automation CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Experience with multi-tenanted systems and SaaS products architecture
- Experience in agile methodologies, processes and code repository management
- Experience in good software engineering practices and design patterns
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiar with software engineering related technical documentation conventions, formats and terminologies
As a financial technology company, our team is trusted with highly sensitive information. We require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offences that are directly relevant to employment at Finn, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation.
Questions? Ask us - we’re here to help.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Software and Programming Quality Assurance