Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
As a Software Development Manager with-in the S3 Distribution Plane, you will help your team to design, develop and deliver global highly available services that provide robust, safe, scalable and secure ways for customers to route traffic to the S3 fleet. You will encounter challenges in the domains of performance optimization, availability and reliability, software defined networking, authentication and authorization and DNS. You will operate in a fast paced environment with a high level of ownership. Expect to ship software today that impacts millions of customers tomorrow.
The ideal candidate is excited about the potential of cloud computing and is passionate about delivering quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift fast. You have a strategic focus, yet retain hands-on management as you build your team. You have had success leading operational services and are ready to apply that experience at even greater scale. You will own the goals and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software.
Work-life Balance Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with storage media technologies and cloud storage business
• Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative
• Practiced ability to apply API principles
• Experience with delivery of software libraries for public consumption
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming