Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery network that securely delivers videos, live streams, web content, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data. Every day we innovate and solve problems at unprecedented scale.
We are looking for an engineering leader to innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, security, availability, and performance. This leader will own the key element of control plane, working with teams across CloudFront to ensure scalable realtime event monitoring across thousands of servers. As our service continues to grow, the challenge is to scale by another order of magnitude, using wide spectrum of technologies ranging from C, Rust, Java and many AWS internal services. This leader's responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: Designing and building the software, delivering on customer performance and scale expectations, and operational excellence. Self-ability to build teams, and directly work and manage junior and senior engineers, along with a focus on operational and engineering excellence is a must.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of scale and cutting-edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong object oriented programming skills
- Ability to directly lead and manage junior and senior Software Engineers
- Ability to recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
- Experience owning all operational metrics and operational excellence for teams' software
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience working on , Internet performance, or Internet security
- Has a track record of team building, agile processes, and service development
- Has taken software products and services from inception to being used by millions of users
- Has a track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming