Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging and Streaming team owns and operates Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (KDS). Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging and streaming infrastructures needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant distributed applications.
We're looking for an SDM with an owner mindset, bias for action, and ability to dive deep and deliver results. You will lead a team of world-class engineers, be an operational champion, and deliver features to customers around the globe. You will drive our development process, and be a key influencer in our product roadmap.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every team member, and that includes our development managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire Data Streaming organization and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- 8+ years of experience in all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, infrastructure, and networking.
- 4+ years of experience in people management.
- Strong technical thinking and demonstrated ability to lead software and coding in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Experience building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
- Demonstrated ownership of software engineering roadmap and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using agile processes, such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of security protocols and network security best practices.
- Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming