Perimeter Protection protects customers of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Amazon.com against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) events, web application attacks and network threats. Customers rely on our four public services - AWS Shield, AWS WAF, AWS Network Firewall, AWS Firewall Manager to protect application availability, so that they can focus on building applications that grow their business.
We've created remarkable technology to monitor and defend one of the largest distributed networks in the world, but it is still only Day 1. As a member of the Perimeter Protection team, you'll have the opportunity to raise the bar, developing new systems that automatically defend against evolving threats while providing customer-facing, centralized management and visibility. We build everything from low level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating world's largest attacks.
Perimeter Protection is part of AWS Edge Services, with a mission to bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up and securing the user experience.
Why should you join us?
- We develop services that defend some of the Internet's largest businesses from bad actors and malicious requests. The problems we solve are complex and constantly evolving.
- We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming