We are the PeopleInsight (PI) organization, responsible for building the web applications and distributed web services that support over one million Amazon employees every day by teaching and reinforcing our unique Day 1 culture. We do this through technology solutions powered by data, machine learning and smart automation, that help Amazonians to take actions, guide them through processes, and enable them to self-serve, so that they spend less time in product and more time delivering for customers. We provide the one-stop experience that Amazonians use daily to manage their employment, grow their career, manage their teams and remain connected to life at Amazon. At PI we serve Amazonians through a human-centered design approach to technology innovations, with the goal of supporting Amazon's mission to become Earth's best employer.
The PI team owns the customer experience by building consumer-grade central data lake and reporting platforms using web services and development frameworks that power highly secure, private, and available experiences for all our users.
Key job responsibilities
You will work as a full-stack developer using the latest AWS technologies to build responsive web applications and data lake in a distributed service oriented architecture.
You will work as part of a sustainable paced agile team and will play a technical hands on leadership role in your team giving you the responsibility, authority and autonomy to succeed.
You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build.
You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
A day in the life
Lead medium sized projects.
Design and develop code.
Work with Product, Data Eng, Scientists, SDEs and QA to define product requirements, mockups, and ensure that the product is high quality.
Work with internal partners from whom we consume data or who consume data that we produce.
About the team
PeopleInsight team is moving the Amazon HR forward on its mission to become the earth's most scientific HR organization. We have a variety of exciting, technically-challenging, business-impacting projects identified which contribute to this vision. Your work will directly impact not only Amazon's bottom line by inserting science into HR but will also impact the lives of our associates and leaders in Operations. Come change the world with us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C/C++/C#, Objective C etc) with strong base in object-oriented design and development.
• Experience with AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
• Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
• Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership
• Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming