Come join one of the newest and fastest AWS teams than launches products with direct and massive impact on Amazon's customers!
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3k7Fd6_eU&t=7516s
The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
As a developer on our team, you'll own code end-to-end from design to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You'll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving modern web, SOA, NoSQL databases, AI, ML, Big Data and more.
This team is a great fit for you if
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-the-abs-prepared-for-the-same-sex-marriage-survey-using-the-public-cloud/https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/17/03/9241888/how-amazons-connect-could-impact-twilio-zendesk-ringcenthttps://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-connect-and-amazon-lex-integration/https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/28/aws-amazon-connect/
Power of Amazon Connect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qky_E39-_Ihttps://youtu.be/rSzDFJGw5vgBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
- Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java or C++ or .Net.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Master's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with or knowledge of AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming