We are a passionate team of doers that apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems and transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for customers and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new, best in class product. Our team is fast paced, highly collaborative and is organized like a startup.
- Implement best practices in modern software engineering: Frontend and Backend application design, implementation, testing, version control, documentation, deployment, monitoring and operations
- Translate requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain our development standards
- Work with product and design teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Generate documentation to support regulatory requirements
- Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within team and external groups
- Implement test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our main office is Milpitas Ca but other US-based Amazon development centers are okBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- Experience with common Frontend and backend framework
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in database technologies such as MySQL, DynamoDB, and Redshift
- Experience building applications using Amazon web services
- Knowledge of Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance