Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of millions of financial transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems we would love to talk with you.
The Amazon Financials Foundation Services (AFFS) team is seeking a capable and motivated individual to help analyze, research and remediate data quality issues. AFFS is the financial backbone of Amazon and is responsible for building and operating the set of services that process Amazon's financial transaction data. The right individual should be familiar with accounting/finance concepts, comfortable with dealing with large data sets, eager to learn new content quickly, and willing to go into unfamiliar territory.
We are the service that Accountants and Financial Analysts at Amazon turn to when they need to perform any corrections to our financial books. We're a fully serverless, low-operations system built on AWS and we have exciting plans to expand our offerings to include machine learning, financial research, and insight. You will have an opportunity to design and develop greenfield services from the ground-up to transform the way our customers use our financial data.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 3+ year experience with Java and/or C++, software system design, problem solving, and object-oriented coding skills;
- Thorough understanding of enterprise information systems, service oriented architectures, and operational data stores;
- Obsession with software quality, customer experience and attention to detail
- Passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming