Software Development Engineer II: Lambda
AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is changing the way we think about computing in the cloud. Serverless computing offers customers an exciting new way to create applications, turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring them to be experts in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
We are part of AWS Lambda team who is making it easier for developers to build new applications or extend existing systems using serverless technology, by seamlessly integrating services such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3, Kafka, ActiveMQ and SQS as "Lambda Event Sources". Our growing team in Vancouver has an opening for an experienced engineer who can help us extend to other data sources to help customers build data driven applications.
In this role you'll build a new framework to simplify the user experience to add new event source to Lambda. You need create and maintain the generic interface and library which can work with most but not limited to message queue and streaming technologies. You need build large scale serverless application to control the workflow of event sources and also benchmark the security, performance, reliability and cost of each event source. Ultimately, you have opportunities to redefine the user experience for customers build event driven application with Lambda.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stag / 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 1 an d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience de la programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation de logiciels / Programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Able to work in a diversity team.
• Experience in using streaming or message queue technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Spark and more.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming