Worldwide, Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of data every day to support mission-critical, real-time applications for thousands of customers. Large companies are using Kinesis to ingest data from multiple sources in real time, analyze it, compute, and deliver insights as they happen to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time ingestion, processing, and delivery of data easy, and all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits, customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. To support these innovations in real-time streaming, we are growing our team.
Amazon Kinesis is searching for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to build the next generation of real-time streaming solutions. You will take on design and development challenges, influencing the future of our platform. You will drive the scalability and innovation needs of our live-streaming services alongside a team of experienced engineers.
Key job responsibilities
* Solve complex computational problems all the way from design to operational support
* Design, write and release software at a large scale for customers worldwide
* Support systems in production and ensure their high availability and durability
* Collaborate with the team to evolve and innovate the product over time
A day in the life
A Sr. Software Development Engineer in the Kinesis Data Streams (KDS) is an owner of the various components and their day-to-day usually involves:
* Designing and building new features and maintaining existing ones across the system's various components
* Collaborate with peers to continuously improve our code, processes and team mechanisms
* Produce and review design proposals for complex software problems
* Advise leadership and senior engineers on the team's progress towards its various goals
* Mentor younger team members in their career developmentBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current .
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (, , C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in building at scale
- Experience building highly available and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with , consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming