AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second. Part of our commit to customers is ensuring reliability of the services offered.
To that end AWS is seeking a Software Engineer for our world-class Safety Engineering group, part of AWS Platform. We analyze trends and build software used across AWS to reduce recurrence, duration, and size of customer impacting events. As an engineer in Safety Engineering, you will work on large initiatives that automate the incident and problem management process for all.
Key job responsibilities
What You Will Do:
- Play a significant role in building new software and services from scratch
- Drive an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to continually improve operational readiness and availability
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business benefit
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
- Drive operation excellence in your organization
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelors or Masters of Science in CS or related field, or equivalent experience)
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, , , Scala, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
- Background in support for large application implementations.
- Experience with computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience mentoring software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming