Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging and Streaming team owns and operates Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (KDS). Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging and streaming infrastructures needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant distributed applications.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who are passionate about building, maintaining and driving the operational excellence of high-scale distributed systems.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming