Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users, but Retail customers worldwide? In Retail Systems, you will pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in the global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
As a member of Amazon's Vancouver, Canada based Vendor Management development team, you will be a key player in driving Amazon's Retail business; the bread and butter of Amazon. The Vendor Management team is streamlining many of the business processes that run Amazon Retail. We've built a large-scale vendor management and profit management solution, and we're looking for a developer who will help pave the future for how our internal users think about software. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that have direct impact on how we run the Retail business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company. And most importantly, the Retail Systems team is composed of some awesome people, and you'll have a lot of fun!
To learn more about Profit Systems, visit our page at https://www.amazon.jobs/profit-management
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front-end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are essential.
A day in the life
Work independently or with your teammates to accomplish design, implementation tasks. Solve customer problem and improve operation excellence.
Collaborate with multiple domain teams, UX team, and Product team to build a platform and experience to house profitability management tools.
About the team
Our mission is to advance Amazon's negotiation capability by leveraging data, insights, and technology.
Our tools provide automation and trustworthy experiences to human negotiators, so they can focus on building partnerships.
The team is a group of energetic tenured and new Amazonians who take pride and full ownership of their work. We work in a friendly and highly collaborative environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ year relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++ or Java
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience in the following technologies - noSQL DB, ElasticSearch, Guice, SNS/SQS and other AWS services, Web Services Development (REST, Jersey)
- Experience of building large-scale web applications
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience with vendor & profit management systems is a BIG plus!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming