Amazon AppFlow is a new fully managed integration service that enables you to securely transfer data between Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications like Salesforce, Marketo, Slack, and ServiceNow, and AWS services like Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift, in just a few clicks. As a Software Engineer within the AppFlow team at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will help us to deliver on our mission to solve complex integration problems with a simple and slick user experience.
You will be part of an exceptional team that is a start-up and moving fast. You demonstrate exceptional customer relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
You will be solving challenging design and technical problems, often ones not solved before, alongside peers with remarkable expertise. The solutions you design and build will be high impact and rolled out to our large customer base across the world. If you are excited to work in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you!
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- Development experience with highly-available web services.
- APIs, containerized microservices, serverless functions, and event-driven architecture.
- Familiarity with the APIs and development patterns of SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, etc.
- Design/architecting large-scale distributed systems preferably using AWS technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming